[jboss-dev] stax-api, which version?

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Sep 10 08:31:04 EDT 2008

Previously we were relying on JBossXB
providing the version of the stax api
which came via a transitive dependency from
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/javax/xml/bind/jaxb-api/2.1/jaxb-api-2.1.pom
and was version 1.0-2

But JBossXB has since changed to use
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/sun-jaxb/jaxb-api/2.1.4/jaxb-api-2.1.4.pom
which specifies no dependency.

The AS in component matrix is currently specifying version 1.0

Incidentally, I don't see 1.0-2 (whatever that means? :-)
in our repository
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/stax/stax-api/

I'm going to switch the deployers which contains a JAXB deployer
that uses stax to have an **optional** dependency on 1.0
unless there is any objection.

    <version.stax.staxapi>1.0</version.stax.staxapi>

      <dependency>
        <groupId>stax</groupId>
        <artifactId>stax-api</artifactId>
        <version>${version.stax.staxapi}</version>
        <optional>true</optional>
      </dependency>

Which means anybody using this deployer would need to
specify there own version explicitly, but we compile over 1.0
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock