[jboss-dev] Re: Excessive logging in AS 4.2.3 and AS 5

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:23:26 EDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 4:57 PM, Dimitris Andreadis <dandread at redhat.com> wrote:
> Excessive DEBUG logging usually means that those message should really be at
> trace level coupled with an isTraceEnabled() guard, as well.

So I think that is nice and all, but you have to consider that other
projects may have a different understanding of logging levels.
Although AFAIK I don't use per request debug logging, I don't expect
DEBUG levels to show by default in any log (and this is the way TC has
always been configured). I always found it vey surprising that JBoss
used that as a default, it looks to me more confusing than helpful.

Rémy