[jboss-dev] Is there a reason the mvn version cannot include 2.2.1?

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Fri Dec 4 00:45:00 EST 2009

On 12/04/2009 12:36 AM, Scott Stark wrote:
> When I update the version range to allow 2.2.1 the build completes fine,
> so is there a known problem wiht 2.2.1 or was this just locked down
> prior to the release of that version?

This one was locked down awhile ago, and I haven't yet seen reason to
update the allowed versions.  You can relax the restrictions manually
(Just make sure we're still using at least 2.0.8 due to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3606), and if it passes your build
locally, go ahead and commit the change to the build/pom.xml.

Related note, I know Jesper's had some issues with 2.2.x and I can't
remember what they are at the moment.  ShrinkWrap by comparison is on
2.2.1 in order to get some new configurations I needed to its
distribution assembly, and that seems to work OK.

In short each version of Maven has its own idiosyncrasies so to be safe
I generally keep things restrictive to reduce surprises between
environments.

S,
ALR
--