[jboss-dev] Remove unused components from trunk

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 15:58:13 EST 2009

On 12/04/2009 02:11 AM, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> Together with the code review in JBAS-7500 regarding the 6.0.0.M1/trunk differences, I think
> it's a good time to remove any dead code, components rarely used, and other things that we
> want to remove from AS 6 going forward.
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7508
>
> Things that come to my mind:
> - web-console
> - aop aspects???
> - misc varia stuff
> - jmx remoting impl (there is now the jdk one)
> - ... add your own

DistributedStateService (part of HAPartiton framework; superseded by
JBoss Cache/Infinispan, deprecated in AS 5)

FIELD granularity HttpSession replication. Little used and not supported
by the version of Infinispan that will go in AS 6, so we previously
decided to drop it. I think I'll pull it in M2 even though the move to
Infinispan won't happen until M3.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering