[jboss-dev] MC+VDF Bootstrap

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu Dec 17 05:10:24 EST 2009

On 12/16/2009 10:14 PM, Bill Burke wrote:
> 1) You should be able to reuse the deployment framework to build Reloaded.

In essence Reloaded is nothing more than some definition files to bring
up VDF.
> 2) "Reloaded" purpose should be for unit testing.

I disagree. Reloaded should replace JBoss AS minimal.
> 3) EJB without JPA and JNDI is useless.

And JTA and Datasources. For this very reason we're splitting everything
up. But we need a proper way to bring them back in and right now profile
definitions aren't available yet.

On 12/16/2009 10:43 PM, Andrew Lee Rubinger wrote:
> IMO nearly everything should be reused.  Which means that if we need
> something for EJB3 Embeddable that's provided by AS, we'd first stop to
> extract it and refactor to bring in as a dependency.

By that very statement Reloaded should be reused. Thus becoming the
underlying framework for AS. This is also important for EJB 3
Embeddable, because that one has to function within AS itself.

Carlo