[jboss-dev] Further profling: Where should I focus?

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Thu Dec 24 07:29:13 EST 2009

I've made a start on this, but doubt I'll finish it before I finish for Christmas. I am deprecating the @DisableAOP annotation. By default aop proxies will be disabled, but can be enabled with @EnableAopProxy. Lifecycle callbacks will be enabled by default (and I'll come up with a quicker way of determining if they should apply), but can be disabled using the @DisableAopLifecycle annotation.

One issue that I need to look into is that there are a bunch of tests that run with weaving enabled, so I need to see how they fare with this new setup. Since if they are woven, aspects will apply, and if those aspects have dependencies we need those in AOPDependencyBuilder.