[jboss-dev] Dependencies, class in multiple jar files, JBAS-1796, JBAS-6444

Jesper Pedersen jpederse at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 20:04:05 EST 2009

Hi.

I was going over the dependencies for the JBJCA project and needed a tool to
get an overview of dependencies between jar files, if a class is located in
multiple jar files and an overview of what each jar file requires and
provides.

So I hacked something together; currently called Tattletale - based on
javassist.jar of course.

I have attached the report for the application server to the issue

 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-1796

as it could provide some information about the separation of the jar files.

If you take a look at the 'Dependencies' report
under "common-httpclient.jar" - you'll see

 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6444

just to give you an idea.

The index.html file will provide the starting point for the various reports.

If you think this tool would be useful I'll commit the code somewhere in
repository.

Feedback is of course welcomed, but remember it is very early beta ;)

Best regards,
 Jesper