[jboss-dev] AS 5.1 and JBoss Messaging 2

Andy Taylor ataylor at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 11:57:36 EST 2009

As part of the AS 5.1 release we will be shipping JBM 2.0 as a
technology preview. This will require 1 or more new profiles to be
created. I have created a branch (Branch_5_x_JBM2) to use for now which
i will merge in once JBM 2.0 is released and there is something concrete
and working.

What new profiles we need to add is open to discussion. We'll definitely
need a copy of default as a start which could be called messaging-2.
However, from a JBM2 point of view, it would be good to also demonstrate
clustering which would mean a copy of all, say messaging-2-all, and
since JBM2 can run with a minimal set of services maybe a
messaging-2-minimal as well.

I appreciate that adding all 3 might be too many new profiles to add so
I'd like to hear peoples views!

Andy Taylor
Core Developer
JBoss Messaging