[jboss-dev] AS 5.1 and JBoss Messaging 2

Andy Taylor ataylor at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 05:18:41 EST 2009

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Well, as an example, we have multiple server dirs, but only one client
> dir, and everything in there is part of the same classloader. So, will
> an app writen against the 1.4 API work with the 2.0 API jar?
Applications written using pure JMS should work as the Connection
Factories in JBM 2.0 have different package names.
> Is there any client specific code in 1.4 and 2.0 that shares the same
> packages (if so that will be a conflict)?
I don't think there is but we can easily repackage any clashes.

> Is the MDB implementation in EJB3 compatible with both 1.4 and 2.0?
I guess this is something we need to test but as far as i understood it
would just use the new JMS RA implementation that is currently being
written.

> Do the dependency sets conflict between 1.4 and 2.0 (i.e. different
> jgroups requirements etc)?
JBM2 no longer uses JGroups or Remoting which may have caused problems.
We would make sure that JBM2 uses the appropriate versions of any other
conflicts.