[jboss-dev] How to fix vfs?

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Feb 17 10:31:41 EST 2009

We are in the 3rd week of delay for the JBossAS 5.0.1.GA release and there is still no
indication of where this will end.

- We are still on snapshots

     <version.org.jboss.vfs>2.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version.org.jboss.vfs>
     <version.org.jboss.microcontainer>2.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version.org.jboss.microcontainer>
     <version.org.jboss.cl>2.0.3-SNAPSHOT</version.org.jboss.cl>
     <version.org.jboss.deployers>2.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version.org.jboss.deployers>
     <version.seam.integration>5.2.0-SNAPSHOT</version.seam.integration>

- Every updated snapshot solves some issue but introduces another regression.
The latest ones:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6513
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCTS-900

- Although we keep closing issues, the number of JIRA tasks remains constant for the past
few weeks (4-10 open issues)

I know we want to time-box but for this particular release it doesn't make sense to me to
release unless we fix vfs, which was the biggest issue, anyway.

What is going so wrong with VFS and how we can fix it?

All opinions are welcome.
/D