[jboss-dev] AS 5.1 Beta 1 Code Freeze (and other release dates)

Charles Crouch ccrouch at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 16:36:06 EST 2009

Please see comments inline

Thanks
Charles

----- "Jason T. Greene" <jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:

> 5.1 Beta1
> ---------
> Code Freeze: March 9th
> Release:     March 16th

Last I heard the release date was March 10th? Did this move or was the 10th tentative?

> The primary/required goal for this release is completion of all
> Profile
> Service blockers, to facilitate the inclusion of the console:
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6470
>
> All other planned component updates for this release are located
> here:
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6156
>
> If one of these subtasks is assigned to you, and you can not complete
>
> this in *2 weeks*, please let me know, so I can reschedule it to CR1.
>
> Also please review the JIRA issues assigned to you and reschedule them
>
> if you can not complete them for this release.
>
> 5.1 CR1
> -------
> Code Freeze: April 6th (Tentative)
> Release:     April 13th (Tentative)
>
> The primary/required goal is inclusion of the embedded console. A
> secondary goal is including JBM 2 as either an optional or main JMS
> provider. These dates could slip a few more weeks depending on the
> console timeline.

We're planning the console release right now, but I would expect a move to the right of several weeks from the dates you have above (assuming the Beta1 dates don't change). We should have a firm console schedule early next week.