[jboss-dev] Change in locking behavior in MainDeployer

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 03:44:03 EST 2009

FYI
  - http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4211713#4211713

> FWIW, the jboss-deployers unit tests pass if the lock is changed back to
>  lockRead().

I know, that's what we used to have. :-)
It's just that I got the feeling that having just read lock is not good
enough.
I still have that feeling, but I need to think about it more.
With the help of some forum input of course. :-)

> Not sure what you mean by "proper 'disrupted' boot".

Ctrl-C on startup.

Currently it results in all bunch of exceptions.
The proper way to do this would be to see we're actually shutting down,
allowing the one's that are still deploying to be cut off in the next
phase and simply revert them.

> I've been thinking if there are ways to change how the HASingleton works
> to avoid this, e.g. [1] but don't see anything that isn't way too
> disruptive for a micro or even minor release. And the JBAS-6529 approach
> could have other negative effects.

We'll think of something. ;-)