[jboss-dev] building the documentation for JBoss public and private API...

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 2 13:31:39 EDT 2009

the "standard" eclipse API tools uses are shown here:

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:WPQKQwm0Hf0J:help.eclipse.org/stable/topic/org.eclipse.pde.doc.user/reference/api-tooling/api_javadoc_tags.htm+Defining+API+Restrictions&cd=1&hl=da&ct=clnk

sorry couldn't find a better public link, but for those who got Eclipse
installed Press F1 and search for "api tools"

	Class 	Interface 	Method 	Constructor

Final Field

	Non-Final Field
@noimplement

-

Supported

-

-

-

-
@noextend

Supported

Supported

-

-

-

-
@noinstantiate

Supported

-

-

-

-

-
@nooverride

-

-

Supported

-

-

-
@noreference

-

-

Supported

Supported

-

Supported

        Restriction Semantics

@noimplement

Indicates that clients must not implement this interface. Any class
using the /implements/ keyword for the associated interface or parent of
the associated interface where there is no implementing superclass will
be flagged with problem.

@noextend

Indicates that clients must not extend this class or interface. Any
class or interface using the /extends/ keyword for the associated type
will be flagged with a problem.
@noinstantiate

Indicates that clients must not instantiate this class. Any code that
instantiates the associated class with any constructor will be flagged
with a problem.
@nooverride

Indicates that clients must not redeclare this method. Any subclass that
defines a method that overrides the associated method will be flagged
with a problem.
@noreference
	Indicates that clients must not reference this method, constructor, or
non-final field. Any code that directly invokes the associated method or
constructor or references the associated non-final field will be flagged
with a problem.

/max