[jboss-dev] Improving scanning performance

Scott Marlow scott.marlow.opensource at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 22:50:30 EDT 2009

Ales Justin wrote:
>> Is there any way that we could persistently cache the results of
>> scanning for annotations?
>
> Why would you want to cache something like this in the first place?
> You actually never explained this. ;-)

I wanted to explore caching as a possible way to reduce the cost of
scanning for annotations.  I'm still planning on using the
jboss-scanning.xml support for excluding classes that don't have
annotations.

Question about jboss-scanning.xml, if I specify the "include" list but
leave the "exclude" list blank or missing.  Will that exclude all
classes that aren't on the "include" list?  If yes, that will make it
easier to build the jboss-scanning.xml.