[jboss-dev] Re: [jbosstools-dev] Re: Pass @Parameter value to a TestNG test from Eclipse?

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 10:13:09 EDT 2009

http://infinispan.blogspot.com/2009/06/executing-testng-tests-relying-on.html

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> or in testng.xml or via your dataproviders as described in TestNG docs:
>
> http://testng.org/doc/documentation-main.html#parameters

Yeah, but you're not gonna start configuring a file to run a test from
an IDE! That'd be a PITA

> Funny enough the system properties trick does not seem to be documented ;)

Indeed, I couldn't find the trick anywhere. The clue came from:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/testng.html

"Your TestNG test can accept parameters with the @Parameters annotation.
You can also pass parameters from Maven into your TestNG test, by
specifying them as system properties, like this:"

--
Galder Zamarreño
Sr. Software Engineer