[jboss-dev] Scanning jars for package capabilities

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Thu Jun 18 17:30:35 EDT 2009

"jar i" looks like it will also include the packages from the jars in
the Class-Path attribute?

 From http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/tooldocs/solaris/jar.html#i :

"Generate index information for the specified jarfile and its
dependent jar files. For example:
jar i foo.jar
would generate an INDEX.LIST file in foo.jar which contains location
information for each package in foo.jar and all the jar files
specified in the Class-Path attribute of foo.jar. See the index
example."