[jboss-dev] Scanning jars for package capabilities

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 07:10:41 EDT 2009

>> but i guess instead of saying "EXPORT_ALL" (which triggers the
>> scanning of jar for packages) we could probably configure each
>> deployer/deployment to have this file with a set of
>> "includes"/"capabilities" and explicitly list the packages available?
> Probably we could use some MC tool to generate this for a jar file input?
>
> Ales, is this something that could be considered for the MC tools
> features that you had in mind?

I don't think we should "re-invent" this.

This is what OSGi based import/export tools have been doing for a long
time now:
* BND - http://www.aqute.biz/Code/Bnd
* Bundlor - http://www.springsource.org/bundlor
* PAX Construct - http://www.ops4j.org/projects/pax/construct/

And I guess we could even create a proper Maven plugin to do this for us.

I already asked for something like this in
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/TTALE-44
but I'm more keen on extending/forking previously mentioned tools.

There was also an OSGi Tools summit, but I need to check what was
actually discussed there.