[jboss-dev] Important changes to AS 6 trunk build

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Fri Mar 13 09:17:20 EDT 2009

All of the app server modules in trunk are now migrated to maven.  Today I will
be making a couple of updates to the build that will allow a full distribution
build from a "mvn install" or "build.sh" in the root directory.  Starting next
week, this will be the preferred way to build the app server.

Running "build.sh" from the build directory will still work also, but this
should be considered deprecated, and it will eventually be removed.  Next week,
I will also start changing the Hudson builds to use the new build commands.

The next steps for the app server build will be to do more refactoring to remove
a ant/maven integration parts that are no longer needed.