[jboss-dev] Moving microcontainer -> kernel

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Tue May 26 09:45:28 EDT 2009

We plan to make some changes to the microcontainer project over the
next few days/week, and wanted to give you all a bit of advance
warning. The reason is that the microcontainer project has grown since
its inception and is an umbrella for numerous sub-projects: jboss-
reflect, jboss-man, jboss-mdr, jboss-mdr-cache, jboss-cl, jboss-
deployers, jboss-vfs as well as the 'microcontainer' project, which is
really the kernel.

Hence, we plan to rebrand the existing 'microcontainer' core as
'kernel', and here is what will change:

*** JIRA ***
We have already moved it in JIRA, so the old JBMICROCONT issues have
been moved to JBKERNEL.
The existing JBMICROCONT project will be kept to deal with global
microcontainer issues.

*** SVN ***
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/
will move to
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/trunk/

But we will leave the existing tags under
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/tags/
as well as the branch these releases have been taken from:
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/branches/Branch_2_0/

The plan is for the
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/
to be come a holder projects for things like tools, docs etc. that
bind together the individual sub-projects.

The upcoming 2.2.x releases will be tagged from
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/kernel/branches/
Branch_2_2 (this branch will be created later once we're ready for
2.2.x )

*** MAVEN ***
 From 2.2.0 onwards the existing microcontainer artifacts will have a
new groupId
org.jboss.microcontainer -> org.jboss.kernel
The 2.0.x releases will keep on using org.jboss.microcontainer.

Cheers,

Kabir