[jboss-dev] JBAS-6987 Disable registering of (debug) MBeans for each MC bean

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Thu May 28 08:25:27 EDT 2009

Moving the forum discussion
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=155074&start=10#4233874
to this mailing list.

Currently, whenever a MC bean is deployed, a corresponding MBean too
gets registered. This MBean provides more of debug information than
anything else. As part of https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-6987
and as discussed in that forum thread, i am planning to disable the
MBean registration by default (users can enable it, if required). This
might bring in some minor performance improvement too.

Let me know if anyone has any objections to this change. I'll changing
this in AS trunk.

-Jaikiran