[jboss-dev] JBoss kills started process

Krzysztof Tomaszewski krzysztof.tomaszewski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 05:34:31 EST 2009

During shutdown JBoss 4.2.1 stops (kills?) processes started by
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...)

I've created a MBean to control other program needed to work while my
aplication under JBoss is running. This process is started by
Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...) in MBean.start() method. In
MBean.stop() I'd like to send some message to this process - but it is
already dead.

Q1: why JBoss stops process started by Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...).
This not conforms to Java specification. Normal Java program doesn't
stop process started by Runtime.getRuntime().exec(...).

Q2: how I can change this behaviour of JBoss (I found nothing in documentation)?

Kind regards,
Krzysztof Tomaszewski