[jboss-dev] Papaki Annotation Scanning Requirements

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Wed Nov 11 08:59:19 EST 2009

I haven't worded it yet for a definitive requirement.

There is a subtle difference between scanning & processing. What I don't
want is unnecessary processing if a descriptor is metadata complete.
Note that this only goes for EJB annotations, other annotation
processing is left beyond scope.

EJB 3.1-fr 20.5.2 .war Deployment Descriptor and Annotation Processing
Table 26 describes the requirements for determining when to process
annotations on the enterprise bean classes of a .war. If the .war
contains an ejb-jar.xml file the deployment tool will process
annotations unless the ejb-jar.xml has been marked metadata-complete. If
the .war does not contain an ejb-jar.xml file, the deployment tool will
process annotations unless the web.xml is marked metadata-complete or
its version is prior to web-app_2_5.

Table 26 .war Annotation Processing Requirements for enterprise beans
ejb-jar.xml
	ejb-jar.xml
metadata-complete?
	web.xml