[jboss-dev] Papaki Annotation Scanning Requirements

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:07:59 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Jason T. Greene
<jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:
> This, however, only happens when you have a beans.xml. If there is no
> beans.xml, then 299 does no scanning.

Are you sure ? In Servlet 3.0, the language to skip resource injection
in some cases is about managed beans (greatly expanded in JSR 299),
not if a particular object is enabled in JSR 299 (or whatever the spec
defines). So I would prefer scanning and processing annotations all
the time.

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Carlo de Wolf <cdewolf at redhat.com> wrote:
> Right, so we should always scan and index all annotations. The actual
> processing should become something optional.

Ah ok.

Rémy