[jboss-dev] Papaki Annotation Scanning Requirements

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 08:30:41 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 10:47 PM, Jason T. Greene
<jason.greene at redhat.com> wrote:
> If there is no beans.xml, then no 299 specific types are searched for
> (299 style managed beans, stereotypes, decorators, etc) in the deployment.

Ok. It would be easier, I think, to scan everything anyway.

I did not mention it in the requirements yet, but can Papaki implement
the ServletContainerInitializer requirements ? I thought scanning for
types would be the exception rather the norm, but it is the opposite
actually :( The first thing the JSF 2 devs did is use a HandlesTypes,
so basically we have to scan everything, and if we aim at a single
scan strategy, then meeting the SCI requirements is needed. I've added
HandlesTypes to the wiki page ...

Rémy