[jboss-dev] Annotation scanning in wars doesn't work anymore

Emanuel Muckenhuber emuckenh at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 11:45:00 EST 2009

On 11/26/2009 05:26 PM, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Carlo de Wolf<cdewolf at redhat.com>  wrote:
>> Because of this change
>> http://fisheye.jboss.org/browse/JBossAS/trunk/server/src/main/java/org/jboss/deployment/AnnotationMetaDataDeployer.java?r1=93962&r2=96033
>> annotation scanning doesn't work anymore and thus EJBs (in wars) won't
>> get deployed.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>
> Oooops. At the moment annotations that are processed by
> Web30MetaDataCreator need to get special treatment in a different
> deployer, so this was a (bad) attempt to avoid doing things twice.
> Fixed.
>
> I have the impression that the other annotations will need to be
> processed per JAR eventually, but this is not urgent ...

Hmm we also need to make sure that you can use the AnnotationEnvironment
(or the outstanding Papaki annotation scanning thingy) instead of the
AnnotatedClassFilter in future. AFAIK the later one was much slower. It
also means that the classpath is scanned twice for annotations (first
from AE and then from the AnnotatedClassFilter) which should be avoided.

I guess you cannot use the AnnotationEnvironment for now since you need
scanning the reference to the web-fragment/jar?