[jboss-dev] Reducing jboss-svn-commits message size to 250kB.

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 09:44:28 EDT 2009

The specific impetus was the slew of mutli-megabyte commits by the ESB
team, but the repository emails also tend to be large from time to time
(though this only happens when a JAR is uploaded in text format - something
that is still surprisingly common even yet).

Figuring out the deal with the CVS vs SVN lists would be nice.

The only reason that rejection is the proposed policy is because that's the
only one which can be implemented without any development work.  And
currently, development + eng-ops = never gonna get done, so it's this or
nothing.

- DML