[jboss-dev] Looking for Wow factor in AS 5.x

Robb Greathouse robb.greathouse at jboss.com
Mon Sep 14 10:59:46 EDT 2009

What I am looking for is a compelling story for adoption and migration.

Robb Greathouse
JBoss
CELL 505-507-4906
OFFICE 505-255-2652
FAX 505-554-2834

----- "Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> WebBeans is not part of JBoss AS strictly speaking.
> It will be to be EE6 compliant. And afaik it is included already now.
>

> Is JPA2 that revolutionary? Does every release have to be revolutionary ? What happend to have solid software ?
> Anyhow the typesafe criteria API and the fact that JPA2 now actually got the mappings
> that were missing from JPA1 so JPA2 is actually more likely to be enough for most (i.e.
> don't need to use hibernate specific features) then I would call it at least a very good evolution.
> Note: JPA2 still don't have manual flushmode, so for good conversation implementation Hibernate is still needed.

CDI??
> CDI is the spec that WebBeans implements.
>
> And you seem to forget JBoss Embedded :)
>
> /max
>

> Robb Greathouse
> JBoss
> CELL 505-507-4906
> OFFICE 505-255-2652
> FAX 505-554-2834
>
> ----- "Max Rydahl Andersen" <max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:
> > JPA2, CDI/WebBeans and JBoss Embedded is not enough for you ? ;)
> >
> > /max
> >
> > Robb Greathouse wrote:

Hi,

I am putting together a workshop for JBoss AS 5.x.  I am looking for some real wow factors.  And frankly, even after talking to the core developers (who agree) I am not finding any wow factors.

Robb Greathouse
JBoss
CELL 505-507-4906
OFFICE 505-255-2652
FAX 505-554-2834
SKYPE rgreathouse

----- "Shelly McGowan" <smcgowan at redhat.com> wrote:

Jason,

RE:

Also, let me know if you have a component you would like to
update/include that has low impact. jboss-test and jboss-server-manager currently include alpha releases;
specifically,

<groupId>org.jboss.test</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-test</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.5-alpha-2</version>

<groupId>org.jboss.jbossas</groupId>
        <artifactId>jboss-server-manager</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.3-alpha-2</version>

These were needed as part of ALRs new bootstrap implementation
(JBASM-30, JBASM-31). Are these alpha versions acceptable
for the Beta1 release or would you prefer .GA?

Shelly