[jboss-dev] Looking for Wow factor in AS 5.x

robb.greathouse at jboss.com robb.greathouse at jboss.com
Mon Sep 14 11:17:31 EDT 2009

These are good points.

With regard to the application stack war.  For us, getting all our frameworks/products/projects to play well with each other will be a huge advantage.  We are well along with this effort.

We need to keep going and identify hubs in the product/project world to drive it forward.  For example, Infinispan/JCloud could be the hub for products/projects becoming "cloudy".  Seam could be the integration point for integration with web apps.  ESB for services. Andiamo (AKA Teiid, AKA Metamatrix) for data exchange.

For the near future there is a lot of functionality that can be created just by making integration of frameworks easier.

Robb Greathouse
JBoss
CELL   505-507-4906
OFFICE 505-255-2652