[jboss-dev] JPA 2 / Hibernate 3.5 in AS 5.2

Alexey Loubyansky alexey.loubyansky at redhat.com
Tue Sep 15 01:19:16 EDT 2009

Jason T. Greene wrote:
> Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> I've started my migration work in
>> https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/jpa/trunk/
>>
>> But I need feedback.
>>
>> Here are a few comments:
>>  - JBoss Metadata does parse JPA 1 style XML files and will need to
>> support JPA 2 style (schema version, validation mode and caching modes
>> have been added and need to be returned in PersistenceUnitInfo)
>>  - JBoss Metadata depends on JPA 1 (ie maven dep) and now need to move
>> to JPA 2
>> => where should this be done? Which branch?
>
> Alexey can answer this. He recently split up the metadata project per
> component to make this a bit easier to manage, although this was
> targeted for trunk.

For AS trunk, the metadata pom.xml to specify the dependency on JPA will
be
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/metadata/common/trunk/pom.xml

For previous AS versions, it's
https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/metadata/trunk/pom.xml

Current value in both poms is

     <dependency>
       <groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
       <artifactId>ejb3-persistence</artifactId>
       <version>1.0.2.GA</version>
     </dependency>

Alexey