[jboss-dev] certs and verified signers

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 10:26:00 EDT 2009

WRT JBCL-67.

I have a jar which I signed with

keytool -genkeypair -alias mycert -keystore keystore -keypass ambam123

jarsigner -keystore keystore -storepass ambam123
..\DIFramework\dist\another.jar mycert

keytool -exportcert -keystore keystore -alias mycert -file mare_cert.cer

keytool -importcert -file mare_cert.cer -keystore ales_store -storepass
ambam5

java -Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=ales_store
-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=ambam5

This jar includes com/acme/X.class.

So, I would now expect when I access this class in jar via JarEntry
to be able to get its certificates: JarEntry::getCertificates.
But I get null.

I guess I'm missing a list of verified signers?

JarVerfier.class:

     /**
      * Return an array of java.security.cert.Certificate objects for
      * the given file in the jar.
      */
     public java.security.cert.Certificate[] getCerts(String name)
     {
	CodeSigner[] signers = getCodeSigners(name);
	// Extract the certs in each code signer's cert chain
	if (signers != null) { // <----- THIS is null in my case

How do I add this signers?
I already hacked out my security knowledge, w/o any success. ;-(