[jboss-dev] jars in sars visible from ears, my arse!

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue Sep 22 08:26:18 EDT 2009

On 09/21/2009 05:42 PM, Andrew Dinn wrote:
>> Right, the application.xml will cause the deployment to be treated as an
>> EAR. You don't need this for sars, they deploy all nested content
>> anyway, so deleting it should solve the issue.
>
> Thanks, Jason and Anil. This did the trick and it now works.

Hmm, this didn't quite fix everything. The problem is that my servlets
are being mapped to a context path composed as follows

   http://<web-host>:<web-port>/<sar-name>-<war-name>/<servicename>

e.g.

   http://127.0.0.1:8080/jbossxts-ws-c11/ActivationService

Previously, my application.xml was using module:web:context-root entries
to map them explicitly to a context path composed as

   http://<web-host>:<web-port>/<war-name>/<servicename>

e.g.

   http://127.0.0.1:8080/ws-c11/ActivationService

In most cases this does not matter. However, in the case of the cited
example it matters because this particular path is visible to clients.

So, if I use application.xml or jboss-app.xml to specify the context
path I cannot see my jars. If I omit these config files I cannot specify
the context path. Is there a way round this dilemma?

regards,

Andrew Dinn