[jboss-dev] Maven Repository 2.0

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Mon Apr 5 16:14:39 EDT 2010

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> On 2 avr. 2010, at 22:29, Paul Gier wrote:
>
>> http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenRepository-FAQ
>
> Do artifacts from the central Maven repository or other thirdparty repositories still need to be added manually to the repository?
>
> No, artifacts from the central Maven repository and other thirdparty repositories will be automatically saved by Nexus as long as they are retrieved through the URL of the repository group.
>

> Does that mean that any random repository (such as  svn hosted ones per projects like many google-code hosted projects do) will be magically picked up? How does that work?

We will have a repository group in Nexus that will proxy from a pre-defined set
of repositories [1].  So it won't be able to pull in from unknown repos.  If you
want to automatically proxy from a repository that is not currently in the list,
just create a jira issue in JBBUILD, and we can discuss whether to add it as
another proxied repo, or manually uploaded the artifacts that are needed.

[1]http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenRepositoryNexusConfiguration