[jboss-dev] Attempting to optimize MC dependency resolution

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Feb 4 15:39:15 EST 2010

I suggest removing everything in deploy/ and profiling from there and
also removing random stuff to narrow down what takes so much time.  Last
time I checked it was about 10-12 seconds just to boot everything up to
and including deployers/  and > 4 secs for minimal boot.

I'm also curious to see how much the old kernel adapter takes to boot.

Kabir Khan wrote:
> I've done some work trying to optimize MC dependency resolution, unfortunately it does not really yield any measurable improvement in bootup time. I'll try profiling tomorrow, in the meantime I have posted some thoughts here: http://community.jboss.org/message/524239#524239. Feel free to come with suggestions :-)

Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat
http://bill.burkecentral.com