[jboss-dev] Remoting behavior on error (Re: Possible blocker with jboss-cl 2.2.0.Alpha1)

Jaikiran Pai jpai at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 10:14:50 EST 2010

The mailing list doesn't allow me to attach anything more than 500KB. So
the log has been sent to Ron and the rest of the reply follows:

I don't think it's going to be too useful because the log level is set
to INFO and as i mentioned in the earlier part of the mail - the logging
itself seems to be a bit messed up. I haven't yet been able to reproduce
this locally. The test run on our build setup  reproduces this
consistently, so we can enable DEBUG level logging of remoting, the next
time we start the test run.

One thing to note is that the ServerThread catches a "Exception" and
later down the flow closes the socketwrapper:

processInvocation(socketWrapper, inputStream, outputStream);
     }
     catch (Exception ex)
     {
        if (running)
        {
           log.error(this + " exception occurred during first
invocation", ex);
           running = false;
        }
        else
        {
           log.debug(this + " exception occurred during first
invocation", ex);
        }
     }
....// some more code

log.debug(this + " closed socketWrapper: " + desc);

The closing of the socketwrapper will be skipped in case of "Error" like
the NCDFE.

regards,
-Jaikiran