[jboss-dev] M2 Boot time

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 10:20:39 EST 2010

On 02/11/2010 07:58 AM, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
> Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
>> With the delayed start-up of the webapps default boots now in 30secs for me.
>>
>> First hit on the admin console takes 30secs (!) to get to the logging page.
> Not surprising actually, because that's what we were seeing (an addition
> of 25-30 seconds to boot time) when the admin-console was deployed
> without this lazy loading feature.
>> After logging, it takes another 10 secs to get to the resources screen.
> Yeah, this has always been the case. Don't know if it took this long
> earlier, but in AS 5.1.0, i used to see the login take around 5 seconds
> on my system.
>
> I think, the admin-console needs to be tuned after a round of profiling.
> I think there was a EMBJOPR JIRA for this.

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7647 was the tracker issue for
M2; I closed it last night and this AM opened
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7724 to serve a similar purpose
for M3. There are EMBJOPR JIRAs linked from there.

The deployment time for the console has definitely slowed down for M2.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering