[jboss-dev] Renaming server/web to server/jbossweb-standalone

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 10:47:21 EST 2010

Hi Sacha, when did you come back to work?  :-)

I like Sacha's basic idea here.  Having EE6 in the name helps a lot.
And I also like 'bootstrap' better than 'minimal'.

I think we still need to decide exactly how many configurations we are
going to ship.  Awhile back, Brian asked me to open a jira to change
this stuff in M3.  It looks like that would be the time to nail this down.
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7651

Besides EE6, the other two things that we seem to need in the shipped
configurations are (clustered or not-clustered) and (development or
production).

Here's another stab at the naming:
bootstrap - same as minimal
EE6-web - EE6 web profile
EE6-standard - same as today's 'standard'.  I guess we still need this
for TCK?
EE6-full-dev - super-fast boot time, less logging, delayed startup of
admin console, unsecured consoles, JSF2 PROJECT_STAGE set to "Development"
EE6-full-prod - immediate startup of admin console, secured consoles,
JSF2 PROJECT_STAGE set to "Production"
EE6-dev-cluster - same as  full-EE6-dev, but with clustered services
available
EE6-prod-cluster - same as full-EE6-prod, but with clustered services
available