[jboss-dev] Small boottime improvement

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Fri Feb 12 10:50:46 EST 2010

I found that ScopeKey's hashCode was not being calculated correctly (http://community.jboss.org/message/526058#526058), and fixed this in a local jboss-mdr snapshot, which gives another tiny enhancement. Here are today's numbers, same setup as last time.

kernel 2.2.0-Alpha5
mdr 2.2.0-Alpha1
===============
34s:696ms (1)
20s:562ms (2)
20s:349ms (7)
20s:463ms (10)
20s:622ms (13)
20s:582ms (16)
20s:35ms (19)
-------------------------
Average ignoring (1): 20s436ms

kernel 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT
mdr 2.2.0-Alpha1
===================
29s:637ms (3)
19s:627ms (4)
19s:786ms (8)
20s:2ms (11)
20s:432ms (14)
19s:827ms (17)
19s:731ms (20)
-------------------------------
Average ignoring (3): 19s900ms

kernel 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT
mdr 2.2.0-SNAPSHOT
============================
27s:167ms (5)
19s:834ms (6)
19s:702ms (9)
19s:349ms (12)
20s:228ms (15)
19s:346ms (18)
19s:315ms (21)
Average ignoring (5): 19s629ms

Now that I'm more into profiling stuff, I'll see if profiling minimal as suggested by Bill makes more sense to me, if not I'll do a few more cycles of these.