[jboss-dev] Small boottime improvement

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Mon Feb 15 10:52:30 EST 2010

On 15 Feb 2010, at 15:35, Bill Burke wrote:

> Kabir Khan wrote:
>>
>> Now that I'm more into profiling stuff, I'll see if profiling minimal as suggested by Bill makes more sense to me, if not I'll do a few more cycles of these.
>>

> You also might want to try removing stuff in deploy/ and just deploying
> deployers (you'll need to remove the war and weld deployers though).
> That may shed more light on things too.  Its how I found the deployer
> sorting issue.

Last time I tried that I couldn't get it to start, but I'll try with what you mention

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but after VFS3 is in, the next big thing I saw
What is the ETA for VFS 3 in AS trunk?
> is probably BeanInfo creation (all the reflection stuff).  I personally
Yeah, I have seen that they take a fair amount of time, but when digging in most of the time is taken in java.lang.reflect.getDeclaredMethods/Constructors. BeanInfo does not seem to add anything significant on top
> don't think the JDK hacks that Carlo came up with for reflection are a
What are those hacks?
> good idea.  This is why I thought all projects might want to consider
> making their beans more coarse grain and do IoC within code.
I think I agree, but again I think that is best left to the owners of those projects who are more familiar with how things should work.