[jboss-dev] M2 Status

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 08:34:15 EST 2010

Yes and no.

Yes, I definitely agree that the AS testsuite could use beefing up in
terms of integration testing of some of the stuff the AS brings in.

No, in that the main issue that held us up yesterday was a subtle logic
flaw that playing with a Weld demo app just happened to expose. Had
nothing to do with Weld or Weld integration; it was just the demo app's
combination of a <distributable/> element in web.xml and a jar in
WEB-INF/lib led into a buggy code path in a deployer. High level
integration tests can catch that by luck, but IMHO much better is closer
unit testing of the deployer class where the problem was. In general, my
impression is the AS testsuite is overly reliant on integration testing
and doesn't have enough low level unit testing.

On 02/16/2010 06:26 AM, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> For future releases, shouldn't we enhance the scope of our standard testsuite runs to
> uncover issues earlier? Better testing of components like seam/weld/jopr/rest-easy/etc.
>
> Brian Stansberry wrote:
>> Just an FYI on the status of the 6.0.0.M2 release. Rajesh Rajasekaran,
>> Martin Gencur and the QE folks are doing a great job (thanks!) and found
>> a couple critical issues not exposed by the testsuite. They proved easy
>> to fix, and are fixed, but it's delayed things by a day.

Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering
JBoss by Red Hat