[jboss-dev] JPA Deployers VFS Abstraction

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 09:36:13 EST 2010

On 02/17/2010 10:43 PM, John Bailey wrote:
> I have added the VFS abstraction projects to jboss-jpa and jboss-jpa-deployers is no longer referencing VFS as a compile time dependency.  The jpa-dployers component loads the correct VFS adapter based on a ServiceLoader mechanism.  I have tested the the component on the current JBossAS trunk as well as the VFS3 branch, and both load the correct adapter.

I only have one small point: the RuntimeExceptions in
PersistenceUnitDeploymentFactory must reference either spec or a Jira
(since spec is not applicable).
> If this looks good, we will need to move forward with cutting a release for jboss-jpa-deployers, jboss-jpa-vfs2 and jboss-jpa-vfs3.  Then I will go through and integrate the correct adapters in AS trunk and the VFS3 branch.   Sounds good?

I want to see the test results for vfs2, preferably including TCK. The
full vfs3 test will be later on. :-)
Maybe put trunk on a snapshot or timestamp dependency?
> Also, I think this proves the ServiceLoader model will work with EJB3 as well.  What do you think?

The DeploymentUnit is created within AS itself, so we wouldn't need a
ServiceLoader.
> John

Carlo