[jboss-dev] AOP changes Re: Further profling: Where should I focus?

Kabir Khan kabir.khan at jboss.com
Mon Jan 4 05:42:12 EST 2010

On 3 Jan 2010, at 15:07, Bill Burke wrote:

>>> All these annotations that trigger AOP.  Are they under the jboss
>>> namespace?  Controlled by us?
>> The @JMX etc. annotations for lifecycle stufff will be handled by the annotation plugins which are invoked as part of the bean's describe phase. Adding/removing them will be easy. So, I don't think metaannotations will be necessary.
>>> You might want to consider meta-annotations and turning @AOPEnabled into
>>> one. i.e.
>>>
>>> @AOPEnabled
>>> public @interface JMX {...}
>>>
>>> You look at the bean's class annotations, then look at those annotations
>>> for @AOPEnabled.

>>> Well, I need to know what I could do to help.  Is Kabir fine on the AOP
>> Yes, before finishing for the holidays I got most of the aop-mc-int tests working with weaving not enabled (mvn surefire-report:report -Ptests-no-weave). I am getting failures in the tests with weaving enabled (mvn surefire-report:report -Pant-tests-weave). It is probably something trivial, I'll have a look on Monday.
>
> Let me know how it goes.  Is this just a matter of plopping the
> aop-mc-int jar within AS trunk to test?

I haven't tried that myself yet. In theory it should be that simple, although there might be some issues with the versions of kernel etc. One of the reasons we are doing an MC alpha release later this week is that at the moment it is pretty tricky to update single MC modules due to lots of different snapshot versions under the MC umbrella. I'll give it a go here once my local working copy is a bit more stable