[jboss-dev] MC 2.2.x update

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 20:45:06 EST 2010

Just an FYI, that same problem Adrian reported affects the Weld
integration's DynamicDependencyCreator.[1]

This afternoon I ran a good chunk of different tests (clustering stuff
that touches on a bunch of areas, plus profileservice targets). Saw
problems with anything using EJB3 due to this ControllerState issue and
with
org.jboss.test.deployers.weld.test.WeldTranslatorExampleUnitTestCase due
to[1]. Otherwise, it looked pretty good.

[1] The failure:

2010-01-12 15:49:04,575 ERROR
[org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelController]
(WorkerThread#1[127.0.0.1:57823]) Error installing to Configured:
name=vfszip:/home/bes/dev/jboss/clean/trunk/testsuite/output/lib/weld-numberguess.war/_WeldBootstrapBean
state=Instantiated: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
org.jboss.dependency.spi.ControllerState.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
from class org.jboss.weld.integration.deployer.env.DynamicDependencyCreator
	at
org.jboss.weld.integration.deployer.env.DynamicDependencyCreator.createDepenencies(DynamicDependencyCreator.java:73)
	at
	at
	at
org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectionUtils.invoke(ReflectionUtils.java:59)
	at
org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.ReflectMethodInfoImpl.invoke(ReflectMethodInfoImpl.java:151)
	at
org.jboss.joinpoint.plugins.BasicMethodJoinPoint.dispatch(BasicMethodJoinPoint.java:66)
	at
org.jboss.beans.info.plugins.AbstractBeanInfo.invoke(AbstractBeanInfo.java:300)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.AbstractKernelControllerContext.invoke(AbstractKernelControllerContext.java:304)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dispatch.InvokeDispatchHelper.invoke(InvokeDispatchHelper.java:112)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.InstallsAwareAction.invokeInstalls(InstallsAwareAction.java:107)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.InstallsAwareAction.doInstalls(InstallsAwareAction.java:72)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.InstallsAwareAction.installAction(InstallsAwareAction.java:55)
	at
org.jboss.kernel.plugins.dependency.InstallsAwareAction.installAction(InstallsAwareAction.java:42)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.SimpleControllerContextAction.simpleInstallAction(SimpleControllerContextAction.java:62)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.action.AccessControllerContextAction.install(AccessControllerContextAction.java:71)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContextActions.install(AbstractControllerContextActions.java:51)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractControllerContext.install(AbstractControllerContext.java:378)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:1856)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.incrementState(AbstractController.java:999)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.executeOrIncrementStateDirectly(AbstractController.java:1217)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1141)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.resolveContexts(AbstractController.java:1048)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:842)
	at
org.jboss.dependency.plugins.AbstractController.install(AbstractController.java:589)
	at
org.jboss.deployers.vfs.deployer.kernel.BeanMetaDataDeployer.deploy(BeanMetaDataDeployer.java:180)

On 01/12/2010 02:34 PM, Ales Justin wrote:
> Ah, the horrible transitive dependencies.
> I'll tidyup tomorrow.
>
> I can cut a new alpha2 to bring back some lost spi/api.
>
> Is there some formal docs on how to follow versioning wrt spi/api
> changes?
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On 12.1.2010, at 21:22, Adrian Brock<abrock at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2010-01-12 at 21:14 +0100, Adrian Brock wrote:
>>> I already know the problem. I'm just running the smoke-tests
>>> before I commit the fix.
>>>

>> There's one error in the smoke tests, due to a change in api.
>> I'll commit this, since at least its better than it not compiling. ;-)
>>
>> This public constructor should have been deprecated (possibly with
>> a one time log warning saying to use the factory method instead?)
>>
>> You shouldn't change a public spi in a minor release.
>> i.e. 2.0.0 ->  2.2.0
>>
>> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method
>> org.jboss.dependency.spi.ControllerState.<init>(Ljava/lang/String;)V
>> from class org.jboss.ejb3.deployer
>> s.Ejb3DependenciesDeployer$1
>>         at org.jboss.ejb3.deployers.Ejb3DependenciesDeployer
>> $1.deploy(Ejb3DependenciesDeployer.java:67)
>>         at org.jboss.ejb3.deployers.Ejb3DependenciesDeployer
>> $1.deploy(Ejb3DependenciesDeployer.java:48)
>>         at
>> org.jboss.deployers.spi.deployer.helpers.AbstractRealDeployerWithInput.deploy(
>> AbstractRealDeployerWithInput.java:125)
>>

>> --
>> xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Adrian Brock