[jboss-dev] AS trunk boot time back to poor?

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 12:19:46 EST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Brian Stansberry
<brian.stansberry at redhat.com> wrote:
> One thing I'm looking at is tagging the console's web.xml as metadata
> complete. I'm seeing a ton of logging from WarAnnotationMetaDataDeployer.

Disabling that does not really disable annotation scanning anymore: it
only disables annotations which add to the web.xml metadata (= mostly
the new ones from Servlet 3.0). Also, the optimized annotation scanner
is not used yet, since it does not meet the Servlet 3.0 requirements
yet (if this has changed, let me know).

However, since classloading would happen anyway, the scanning cost is
not a total showstopper.

Rémy