[jboss-dev] AS trunk boot time back to poor?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 08:48:37 EST 2010

On 01/22/2010 02:22 AM, Ales Justin wrote:

>>> in deployers/metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml
>>>
>>> <entry>
>>>       <key>admin-console.war</key>
>>> </entry>
>>
>> Don't we want to do that in the "war" somehow? - the one that writes the
>> application knows if he need annotation -
>
> That's what jboss-scanning.xml does. ;-)
> * http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178

Glad you brought that up; I tried that and IIRC only got about 1/2 the
gain I did with Emanuel's approach. Which I found quite odd.

I wasn't being very scientific when I tried that though; concurrent w/ 3
IM chats etc. Perhaps I inadvertently changed 2 things at the same time.

BTW, the metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml change is committed; it was
already there in M1; the fact that it was missing was a regression in
trunk vs. Branch_5_x. We can switch to jboss-scanning.xml if it gives
comparable results.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering