[jboss-dev] AS trunk boot time back to poor?

Emanuel Muckenhuber emuckenh at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 09:02:10 EST 2010

> On 01/22/2010 02:22 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>
> Glad you brought that up; I tried that and IIRC only got about 1/2 the
> gain I did with Emanuel's approach. Which I found quite odd.
>
> I wasn't being very scientific when I tried that though; concurrent w/ 3
> IM chats etc. Perhaps I inadvertently changed 2 things at the same time.
>
> BTW, the metadata-deployer-jboss-beans.xml change is committed; it was
> already there in M1; the fact that it was missing was a regression in
> trunk vs. Branch_5_x. We can switch to jboss-scanning.xml if it gives
> comparable results.

My comment was actually not fully correct i noticed later.

Remy can't use the AnnotationEnvironment/AnnotationRepository - since
this does not support the Servlet 3.0 features - like excluding
fragments. So he is currently stuck with the original annotation
scanning thingy, which we replaced over a year ago since it was way too
slow.

the metadata-deployers configuration or jboss-scanning.xml only controls
the AnnotationRepository stuff. So we are most likely doing the
annotation scanning twice for each .war - once the annotation repository
and once the annotation scanner Remy has to use. So i guess we should
try to fix that.