[jboss-dev] Javaee Spec Jars

Jesper Pedersen jpederse at redhat.com
Fri Jan 22 14:43:05 EST 2010

On Friday 22 January 2010 13:52:21 Paul Gier wrote:
> Just to be clear the "-1" is only referring to moving spec sources to a
>  single place in svn right?  And the rest you are ok with?

Yes.

It is a matter of proper and clear documentation of our public API - some of
which is the JEE one.

I'm all for that. If you want the JEE APIs to be grouped under a common group
id, fine.

> I was imagining keeping the sources in one place because it seems like
>  better organization to group them together.  You could still have full
>  control of the release lifecycle no matter where it is in svn.

I'm not talking only about SVN here - but the full development cycle. This
would also mean that we will have X JIRA administrators for the javaee
project, each with their own component(s) and version identifiers.

>  I don't
>  understand why you would have to do "600 small releases", why can't you
>  use a snapshot while you are developing it?

No snapshot dependencies - period. They are the root of all evil.

Best regards,
 Jesper