[jboss-dev] AS trunk boot time back to poor?

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Sun Jan 24 13:02:11 EST 2010

On 01/21/2010 09:41 AM, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> That shaved 2 secs on my machine: from 46.2 to 44.2.
>
> https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/EMBJOPR-277
>
> Nice, but peanuts in the big picture. We'll never get to below 10 secs
> if we can't get most of the work initializing this app off the critical
> path.

I took a shot at getting deployment of our standard webapps out of the
main boot sequence, triggering deployment when a user request comes in
instead. That cut 18 seconds out of the "default" config boot. For
details, please see http://community.jboss.org/thread/147220 . Feedback
appreciated.

--
Brian Stansberry