[jboss-dev] Update to jboss-cl-2.2.x stable release

Thomas Diesler thomas.diesler at jboss.com
Tue Jan 26 04:24:49 EST 2010

This means, that M2 would be the first AS release since the interception
of JBoss OSGi in Mar-2009 that will NOT have support for our own JBossMC
based OSGi Core Framework.

Which would not be in line with what Mark says here:

http://www.serverwatch.com/news/article.php/3860401/Red-Hats-JBoss-Aims-to-Improve-User-Productivity-UI-in-2010.htm

    "We can support OSGi bundles running alongside our native equivalent
    format," Little said.

Instead, I'd suggest we do the necessary jboss-cl update and the QA
associated with it.
In case jboss-cl 2.2.x is not in a state where it can be released and
brought into AS, I could also try to merge the necessary changes back to
the 2.0.8 code base
and we include the resulting 2.0.8.SP1 release.

Whatever the direction is, I believe an update is necessary (i.e.
JBAS-7650 is not optional). If you want to go the 2.0.8 route, please
let me know and I can do the necessary merges and possibly the SP1
release if Adrian is not available.

cheers
-thomas