[jboss-dev] xerces usage in AS6

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 07:32:21 EST 2010

This came up from another irrelevant thread with Alessio making the observation that
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl (Sun's JDK 1.6's default
DocumentBuilderFactory) is really fast, so I was wondering why we still need to bundle
xercesImpl.jar in lib/endorsed?

Are we referencing xerces implementation explicitly?

/Dimitris

PS
There was another comment on the performance cost of resolving the name of the
implementation for DocumentBuilderFactory to load, but I didn't quite catch that.