[jboss-dev] Update to jboss-cl-2.2.x stable release

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Wed Jan 27 10:28:10 EST 2010

On 01/27/2010 08:03 AM, Ales Justin wrote:
>> Here is the issue that covers this>  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7661
>
> I wouldn't go with "default" profile.
>
> I know we already have plenty of ideas for new profiles,
> but directly adding OSGi capability to "default" would probably trigger
> a flood of issues.
> e.g. using some libs that have OSGi manifest, but still expecting them
> to be flat
>
> I agree that eventually the OSGi or "more exact" CL
> description/dependencies should be default way of deploying,
> just not too early -- lets have some "osgi" profile first.

In February we'll be talking quite a bit about profiles. Emanuel's going
to post some discussion documents re: upcoming ProfileService changes
and we should also discuss https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-7651
. IMO it's good to discuss the M3 objective in Feb, early in the M3
cycle, so we have time to implement and find/fix flaws in what we decide.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering